Business Security Officer - Nordics
About the company
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
About the job
Are you up to your next challenge? Are you ready to take on the role as Business Security Officer (BSO) with a Nordic focus at AFRY? Do you want to work in a great company which focuses on how to make the world a better place and where you are welcome just as you are? Then this can be the role for you!
The Business security officer is a senior level contributor role, who will be a member of the Group Risk and Security organization. Our Business Security Officer Nordics is responsible for our business support in the Nordics and drive businesses to an optimal consultative approach that aligns with our internal control principles and Code of Conduct. The Group Risk and Security function is a supportive and controlling function to all businesses and we always deliver best practice and maintain top class security.
This role will be responsible for managing, coordinating and developing our dedicated security protection team (AFRY Security Protection Team) that is supporting our business with security classified projects and this role will also act as AFRY Head of Security Protection. You will work very closely with various group functions, business managers in our five divisions and authorities to ensure a sustainable integration between corporate functions and business line.
- Manage, lead and coordinate AFRY Security Protection Team in line with AFRY Security Protection process. Ensure AFRY comply to legislation and client requirements that is controlling these type of services in the Nordics.
- Coordinate and cooperate with HR within our global background security check process
- Monitor and review Safety, Security and Crisis Management within our Nordic businesses
- Inspire a risk and compliance performance mindset, raise awareness and promote a risk culture
- Monitor and follow-up on country and divisional internal security investigations in the field
- Support and review operational business with common areas like Physical Security, Travel Security and Information Security
- Guide and support Country managers, incl. training and awareness
The role is broad but will focus on our Nordic entities and the work with the security protection process. You will make sure that we follow local policies, standards and national legal security regulations with the goal to protect out people and safeguard business continuity. You will create Nordic networks in your field both within and outside AFRY and support the organization in all matters related to risk and security. You will also ensure deployment of security controls to meet client requirements and support the business in implementing and reviewing this. It will be your mission to drive risk culture and promote security awareness within the appointed business areas at AFRY.
Who are you?
To be a good fit for this role we believe that you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- At least 5 years of knowledge of deploying and maintaining security lifecycle in a large global organization.
- Deep knowledge of Security Protection process and the Swedish Security Act legislation
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a global environment as a business security advisory or business consulting experience in the security area.
- It is meriting if you have certifications in CPP, PSP, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CISSO or/and knowledge and experience of best practice standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, ISO 31000 and/or COSO.
- Experience in travel risk management and travel security is desirable.
- You have experience in providing security assessments for service providers, and end-to-end security vulnerability assessments/audits, building clear recommendations for addressing security risks.
- Excellent skills in Swedish and English, both written and verbal
What about the soft skills then?
Well, you come a long way if you are a pleasant person, enjoy working with brilliant colleagues with a lot of knowledge and want to make a difference whilst working. Of course, we also hope that you are a brave, devoted, team player – just like us! You are brave when you take on challenges in your work, you are devoted when you make sure the security is top notch and you are a team player when you make sure that everyone throughout the organization is on the right track thanks to your networking.
Last but not least, we think that you are a good networker with the ability to interact with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization. As for all colleagues within the Risk and Security field, we assume that you have a high personal integrity, discretion, very high reliability and the ability to handle critical incidents and business acumen.
In this role you will be situated at our headquarters in Solna and report to the Head of Group Risk and Security. This position is security classed and the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
We hope that you want to join us! If this sounds like something for you - please send us your resume and cover letter as soon as possible!
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of AFRY’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The AFRY Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At AFRY you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
For information about the recuritment process:
Johanna Mjörnberg, HR Business Partner
For infotmation about the role:
Patrik Olsson, Head of Risk and Security