Embedded Software developer (Experienced)
About the company
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
About the job
Want to join one of Sweden’s most popular employer amongst engineers?
We are now looking for Embedded Developers to join our Product Delivery Organization. We are organized in cross-functional teams and we believe in the agile ways of working! In our devotion to delivering cutting-edge embedded products to our customers, we are looking for people that always place the team at the center and understand the importance of strong collaboration and knowledge sharing on all levels.
Do you have the ambition to continuously develop your competence in new technology areas and share your experiences with others? You will develop drivers, middleware, and systemize solutions for cutting-edge embedded systems consisting of SoC, ASICs, FPGAs, and different processor architectures. The role requires strong technical skills along with good communications skills in order to bring forward solutions to complex problems within larger embedded systems.
You will work in a Product Delivery Organization consisting of 250+ people serving 10+ clients. We are located in Solna, Karlstad, Gothenburg, and China. This position is for the Solna office. The Product Delivery Organization is a matrix organization which means all team members have a section manager in the line organization specialized in your competence area. Since AFRY is a consultant company you will have the possibility to work both in internal and external assignments over time.
A typical work week consist of systemizing solutions for new systems or already existing systems, design work and proof of concepts, integration work, analysis of customer requirements, contributing to and proposing improvement work, building, and testing, studying new technologies, supporting younger engineers in their daily work as well as supporting the sales organization in lead and prospect work.
Who are you?
You have a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer science or similar and have at least 5 years of experience within embedded software. Your core competences are in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Great knowledge in Real-time embedded operating systems (e.g. Linux Yocto/Windriver)
- Understand the concepts of FPGAs and ASICs
- Experience with device drivers and processor architecture
- Ability to understand, debug and improve operational aspects of the system
Expected additional skills
- Used to agile ways of working
- Team player
- Proactiveness in collaborating and execution
- Flexibility to switch technical context
- Willingness to learn new methods / tools / processes
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Your business English is fluent both verbally and in writing since it is required in contact with colleagues and customers. It is a merit if you have knowledge of the Swedish language.
Submit your application as soon as you can. The selection process is ongoing and the position may be filled before the deadline date.
So, what about the perks?
- The AFRY Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers
- Huge network of developers
- + 17 000 colleagues with offices in 50 countries but projects in 100
- 28 days vacation
- Work-life balance
- Access to many activities, lectures, training through our social club: Club AFRY, ex Hackathons, Yoga, Pub’s
- Competitive health, welfare, retirement, and parental leave benefits
- Corporate discounts with external partners through our benefit portal: Advantage You
- Visa support (if applicable)
- On-site restaurants and cafes (site-dependent)
Frida Hörnquist, Recruitment partner, email@example.com
Rebecka Gravås, Recruitment partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
About the recruitment process: Our recruitment process consists of an aptitude test (Matrigma), a telephone interview, programming test in C++, about 2 face-to-face interviews and finally calling your references.
In our Job application guide you can find more information about recruitment within AFRY: https://afry.com/en/join-us/job-application-guide
We are looking forward hearing from you!Ansök här