How Discrete Event Simulation can support the Digital Thread and the Enterprise Value Chain
About the company
ÅF Pöyry is an international leader within engineering, design and advisory services. We create solutions to support our customers worldwide to act on sustainability as well as the global trends of urbanisation and digitalisation. We are more than 16,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for the next generation.
About the job
Master Thesis Project at ÅF Supply Chain Management - How Discrete Event Simulation can support the Digital Thread and the Enterprise Value Chain
Buzzwords as Digital Twins, AI, Machine learning, Big Data, XXX 4.0 and similar are frequently sold as “snake oil”, claimed being a simple solution to the complex challenges of the future without giving any clarity on how it supports the enterprise value chain.
The objective of this thesis is to evaluate how DES can support the creation of a digital thread and how it can be used to create an optimized enterprise value chain.
- Create a DES model of an existing or future supply chain or production system.
- Create a data connection to one or more coexisting systems and/or softwares.
- Recommendation on how DES best can be put in use in order to support the digital thread and the enterprise value chain.
Who are you?
- The project must be performed by two students.
- Both students must have proven very good knowledge in DES programming, preferably using Siemens Plant Simulation and AutoMod, as well as in supply chain or production systems analysis.
- Both students must have knowledge and interest in programming, preferably in VBA and / or C, C++ or C#.
- The thesis will be performed both at ÅF Gothenburg and at designated client.
An exciting workplace, dedicated mentors and more than 17.000 colleagues to learn from.
010-505 34 08