Riikinneva Waste-to-Energy CHP Plant
Owner's Engineer Services for a new waste-to-energy cogeneration plant in Varkaus, Finland.
In December 2014 ÅF signed an Owner’s Engineer contract with Riikinvoima Oy for a new CHP plant in the Varkaus area, about 300 km north-east of Helsinki, Finland.
The assignment includes supervision of the EPC delivery, project management as a representative of the client, control of EPC delivery documents, quality control, general site management supervision, as well as supervision of commissioning and testing activities. ÅF can also supply additional site supervision services.
Riikinvoima will build a new waste-to-energy CHP plant based on circulating fluidized bed technology (CFB) at the Riikinneva waste center. The plant will use about 145,000 tons of municipal waste as fuel annually. Output of the power plant will be ca. 90 GWh of electrical power and ca. 180 GWh of heat. The project started in late 2014 and commercial operation is scheduled to start in late 2016.
Consulting services from ÅF:
Feasibility study 10/2011-02/2012
- Comparison of combustion; Grate/Fluid bed
- EIA and application of environmental license
- EPC inquiry and re-competition
- Tender evaluation and contract finishing
Owner’s Engineering 10/2014-03/2016
- Technical and commercial supervision of EPC contract
- General project management
- Supervision of EPC delivery documentation
- Quality control
- Site, testing and trial run supervision