Head of Digital Factory
About the company
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
About the job
We believe that change happens when people with brave ideas come together. Today, the world both changes and unites by digitalisation. Every industry and society digitalise. The digital transformation is accelerating. We at AFRY are committed to drive the digital transformation, with the mission to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable society.
We are now creating a new unit, Digital X, to work across our company to excel in our digital offerings to our clients. In Digital X we will work with the digital strategy and overall portfolio, together with colleagues in all parts of our company. We will manage the lifecycle of digital solutions, including development, maintenance and operation; and we will support the sales of those solutions.
If you want to be a part of making future with digital transformation by contributing with your brave, creative and innovative ideas, join Digital X at AFRY. The role can be stationed anywhere but preferably in Solna.
The Head of Digital Factory role responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develops list of required technical and methodological capabilities to support DigitalX’s solutions
- Supports hiring of internal / external experts to build the required capability base within the Digital Factory
- Defines principal ways-of-working for the Digital Factory
- Develops principles of continuous learning environment to keep DigitalX’s technical capabilities up-to-date
- Develops principles of 24/7 operations and support to enable full product life-cycle maintenance
- Oversees the deployment of Digital Factory’s resources to DigitalX’s development projects
- Decides on addition of new technical capabilities to Digital Factory’s arsenal, either through internal personnel transfer or external hiring
- Engages with divisions to enable a “breathing” transition of workforce between the Digital Factory and the divisions, whenever necessary
- Oversees continuous improvement of technical capabilities within Digital Factory and continuous improvement of ways-of-working
- Oversees 24/7 operations and support of solutions
Who are you?
- Seniority around development of digital solutions
- Strong customer focus and results orientation
- Broad knowledge of cutting-edge digital technologies and digital ways-of-working
- Ability to motivate and lead staff in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work in uncertain environment and hands-on attitude to problem solving
We take your personal qualities in great consideration. Our values, Brave, Devoted & Team player, characterize how we see ourselves. You have a good ability to collaborate and contribute to a team, at the same time you enjoy when you have responsibility and the opportunity to affect.
Due to the current situation around Covid-19, some of our recruitment processes extend over time. We apologize for this and ask for your patience.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of AFRY’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The AFRY Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At AFRY you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Henrik Tegnér, Acting Head of Digital X - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Klingenborg, Head of HR Industrial & Digital Solutions - Sara.Klingenborg@afry.comApply here