Tech Lead to Connected Products
About the company
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
About the job
Are you an experienced software developer with telecom experience ready to take on the role as tech lead? Our business area Connected Products in Stockholm is expanding and we’re therefore looking for you who want to lead our exciting projects in our internal Project Delivery Organization at our head-office in Solna.
Your responsibilities are primarily technical, to lead developers and be the interface between them and management. You will also have ownership of development plans, supervisorial responsibilities and securing that software projects come in on time and with great code quality.
Your work include but is not limited to:
- Control and follow-up technical challenges to our internal project delivery organization
- Systemizing technical solutions that will be implemented by developers in several of our teams. And as you will support several of our teams, it’s important that you continuously follow up and manage the work
- Set technical standards for future development
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear way
- Support and guide the teams with agile approach to increase productivity, velocity and ensure team well-being
Keywords: Tech Lead, embedded systems, agile, scrum, XFT-teams, connected products, software, telecom, radio software, baseband
Who are you?
As a person you’re solution oriented and characterize with your clear and consistent communication skills. You like a role that demands great order and structure, where you can use your documenting and follow-up skills. Of course you’re a team player but with the ability to work independently.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electric & Electronics Engineering, Engineering Physics, Embedded Systems, Computer Science or equivalent field
- Telecom (R&D) experience, preferably with overall knowledge of both Radio software and baseband
- Very strong skills and interest in software design/architecture and the C/C++ language
- Experience to work with coordinating technical solutions, planning and road map
- Very good verbal, written and communication skills, both in Swedish and English
It's nice if you have:
- Proven track record of leading development teams or larger technical initatives
- Experience to work with systemization
- Experience working with different Agile approaches (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
As the selection and interview process are ongoing the position can be filled before application end day. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
Due to GDPR, applications via email will not be accepted.
So, what's the perks?
- You will be part of a project management department with extremely skilled colleagues with various background who don’t hesitate to share their knowledge
- + 17 000 AFRY colleagues with offices in 50 countries but projects in 100
- 28 day’s vacation and over-time
- Work-life balance
- Access to many activities, lectures, trainings through our social club: AFRY Club, ex Hackatons, yoga, Pub’s
- Competitive health, welfare, retirement and parental leave benefits
- Corporate discounts with external partners through our benefit portal: Advantage You
- Visa support (if applicable)
- On-site restaurants and cafes (site-dependent)
- New brand. ÅF and Pöyry come together as AFRY
#Brave #Devoted #Teamplayers
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the role or our recruitment process!
Linnéa Nilsson (Recruitment Partner)
+46 10 505 25 32
Antonio Macao (Section Manager)
+46 10 505 16 88