About the company
ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure. We create sustainable solutions for the next generation through talented people and technology. We are based in Europe and our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF Making Future.
About the job
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer covering a temporary position in Nepal:
Subject of the coordination and review by Project Manager the consultant shall provide any inputs, software, tools, efforts and whatsoever needed, to fulfil the following tasks, in liaison with the Nepalese local staff and NEA’s technical counterpart:
- Detail Engineering Design, Specifications & Drawings.The task is the preparation of the detail engineering design, specifications and drawings.The level of the design and drawings is such as to enable contractors and suppliers to clearly interpret type and scope of works foreseen and to submit competitive bids.
- Prepare table of contents for the Draft final detail engineering design report to be submitted by end of December 2018
- Giving to the national geotechnical engineer clear indications, instructions, inputs and advices how to cope with the tasks
- Controlling and reviewing the tasks carried out by the national geotechnical engineer, in particularly in drafting the report and tender documents
- Ensuring that the national geotechnical engineer drafts the report in accordance with AF’s standard and AF’s engineering practices for tender design
- Addressing to the national draftsmen clear indications, inputs for the preparation of the engineering drawings
- Meeting the client where needed for the purposes of the geotechnical design, drawings and preparation of the tender documents
- Keeping the team leader or deputy team leader update on-daily basis about progress, concerns and deficiencies about the tasks assigned to the national geotechnical engineer
- Before departure from Kathmandu handing over to the team leader or the deputy team leader a detailed memo showing the status of the tasks, concerns, shortages and expected time of completion of the tasks by the national geotechnical engineer
- Instruct, control and review the modifications, amendments and corrections to be added on the draft tender documents to comply with the comments raised by the client on the draft and allowing the national contract engineer to prepare the final tender documents by the end of February 2019.
Who are you?
- Academic Qualification Master of Science in civil engineering with specialization in geotechnical engineering
- Professional experience in similar job preparation of tender document successfully completed (constructed commissioned) hydropower projects with capacity not less than 50 MW of a single project and headrace tunnel of at least 1.6 km length as geotechnical engineer. At least three or more projects
- Regional experience within Asian Countries, regional experience in detailed engineering, design or construction supervision of at least one successfully completed (constructed and commissioned) hydropower projects with capacity not less than 25 MW of single project as geotechnical engineer
- At least two projects
- Type of assignment: Location: Kathmandu, Nepal Length: 4÷5 week, December 2018 ÷ February 2019.
An intesesting temporary assignment abroad in Kathmandu, Nepal with a length of 4÷5 weeks (December 2018 ÷ February 2019).