Functional Safety Engineer
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure. We create sustainable solutions for the next generation through talented people and technology. We are based in Europe and our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF Making Future.
About the job
ÅF is now looking for functional safety engineers.
Within the areas of automotive, industry and rail ÅF aim to be a partner to our customers with regards to Functional Safety. A key role in this work is the Functional safety engineer.
The work would be both in-house at ÅF and at customer site and would consist of managing the functional safety context of one or several product development projects.
If you have one or several of the following experiences you should apply to this position.
- Senior Embedded software and hardware development
- Risk management
- Architecture and design of embedded software and/or hardware
- Functional safety experience
- Safety concept design
- Laws and regulations within the areas of automotive, rail and process industry
- Controls system design
- Function design
Some examples of responsibilities that could be part of the daily work:
- Support in planning safety activities during a safety lifecycle
- Perform hazard assessments
- Perform Risk analysis
- Support with functional safety review of requirements, design and products
- Participate in definition of safety functions and safety requirements
- Participate in design and development of safety functions and requirements
- Participate in and support verification and validation of safety functions and requirements
- Ensure compliance to required laws and regulations
Who are you?
You are a brave and devoted team player with extensive knowledge in electrical system architectures, microprocessors, automotive ECU, electrical / electronic hardware and embedded software, and an ability for interpreting requirements from design to production.
Your academic background is a Bachelor or Master degree. Your business English is fluent both verbally and in writing and you communicate easily with both peers and upper management. It is an advantage, but not a requirement, to also know Swedish.
As a consultant company we also value your personal skills highly. Being professional is key and you always act upon the best interest of the company. You are used to, and prefer to, work with others. Taking initiatives and being responsible also comes naturally to you. You also have good communaction skills. A requirement is that you have good knowledge in english, both oral and written. Knowledge in the swedish language is meritorious.
A Swedish driver license is required.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.