Production Control System
The client had no previous system support for the process of transferring orders from the business support system to the production lines. This led to difficulties in knowing what was being produced, delays in feedback, a total lack of control over efficiency rates and the causes of low productivity and the feeling that many mistakes were being made because of "human error".
ÅF developed a system with a web GUI based on the BaseFlow concept (SOA) that uses an OPC connection to facilitate integration with the production line control systems (PLC). The system integrates the business support function (Jeeves) with the PLC function by retrieving manufacturing orders and then checking them in the manufacturing process (via an operator's panel for alarms and input), before reporting back to business support system and subsequently updating information about inventories and other statistical information.
The system gave the customer the following benefits:
- Reduced administration in connection with manufacturing orders
- Reductions in errors and scrappage
- Higher rate of efficiency thanks to the introduction of greater traceability
- Improved utilisation of stocks and warehousing space
- Better basis for decision-making thanks to improvements in statistical information and feedback
ÅF is responsible for supporting, maintaining and developing the system.