Transmission Line Mörel–Ulrichen–All'Acqua
Set-up of new 380 kV east-west transmission line in Canton Valais crossing the Nufenen Pass
Description of project:
In order to upgrade the grid and link to Italy, Atel has decided to replace the existing 220 kV line by a new 420/220 kV transmission line from Mörel to All'Acqua over the Swiss Alps in the southern part of Switzerland.
The main transmission line will be operated by 420/220 kV and installed in two phases: first from Ulrichen to All'Acqua, approx 13.5 km length crossing the mountain pass Nufenen (2400 m a.s.l.), second from Mörel to Ulrichen in the valley, length of 27 km.
Also, a through 132 kV line, to be used by the Swiss Federal Railway shall be assembled, as well as an additional wire of 65 kV from Ulrichen to Altstafel.
Conductors for the main transmission line are foreseen with twin bundles 800 mm2 Aldreys and an earthwire with integrated fibre-optic wire. The remaining lines are to be equipped with conductors of 550 mm2 resp. 400 mm2 Aldre
- Project Management
- Study of line routes with special attention to the extremely rough terrain of the Swiss Alps
- Preparation of the environmental reports
- Preparation of technical reports
- Preparation of required data for environmental work
- Concept of the 220 kV connection
- Support and assistance during grant process
- Preliminary and detailed project design
- Detailed design and computation of steel towers, foundations, conductors, etc.
- Specification of material
- Tendering, tender evaluation, contract documents
- Time schedule monitoring