Electrical Losses Reduction Project
Project Naryn III in Kyrgyz Republic
Description of project:
- Installation of energy meters on the secondary of 10/6 kV distribution transformer (at 400 V) to be able to measure the amount of power supplied to the consumers
- Installation of 150’000 retail meters (individual consumer) level, to enable successful commercial operation
- Installation of computerized billing system, including purchase and installation of computer hardware and necessary software as well as training for each of the distribution companies
- Co-financed project: World Bank, Swiss Government (Seco) and Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW)
The services’ objective is to give:
- Technical assistance for project (engineering) management and financial management, including processing of international procurement, contract administration, engineering, project management and auditing.
- Assistance to be given to the agency's Common Project Implementation Unit (CPIU), representing JSC Severelectro, JSC Jalal-Abadelectro, JSC Vostokelectro, and JSC Oshelectro
Assistance services in detail are for:
- Procurement of meters through international competitive bidding under WB and KfW guidelines;
- Procurement of design services of IT Engineer financed by the Swiss Government
- Procurement of IT equipment designed and tendered out by the IT Engineer
- Procurement of installation work and incidental drop cable with national competitive bidding (NCB).
- Bid evaluation, bid evaluation report, contract documents and negotiation
- Contract administration: monitoring progress against schedules; quality control; review of claims and disputes; evaluation of suppliers’ performance; enforcement of liquidated damages and remedies for non-performance; setting up efficient payment procedures and channelling of counterpart funds.
- Project Management: assist the CPIU in: (i) improving project management organization and procedures; and (ii) participating directly in critical areas of project management.
- Training in the application of computer-based project management tools
- Instruction on the World Bank procedures for the procurement and project reporting
- Reporting: Project Management Reporting; Corporate Finance Plans