Piva HPP Modernisation
Plant rehabilitation of hydro-mechanical and electrical equipment, and civil structures in Montenegro
Description of project:
A contract for consulting services was awarded to the JV ÅF (Switzerland) and Energoprojekt (Serbia) to assist the Project Execution Agency (PEA) formed by Engineers of the Elektroprivreda Crne Gore (EPCG), the Power Corporation of Montenegro, in rehabilitating and modernising the entire hydro-mechanical and electrical equipment and the civil structures, comprising the dam, intake and outlet structures of the Piva HPP.
- Assessment and preparation of an inspection report and an inception report
- Preparation of the tender documents for the equipment tests and for the investigation and tests of the structure
- Supervision of the tests and investigations made by independent testing companies and revision of the respective test reports
- Definition of rehabilitation and modernization measures
- Review of studies prepared outside of the contract by others (static and dynamic behaviour of dam, dredging of riverbed)
- Compilation of the tender documents for the equipment urgently needing replacement
- Supervision of the site installation
- Coordination between client, financing institution, consultant and contractors.
- Rehabilitation of the power intake gate, the turbine governor and dam instrumentation.