Sustainable Energy Finance program - regulatory analysis
Support of the implementation and scale-up of sustainable energy by promoting end-user investment through greater access to financing in Mexico.
The project activities are:
- market analysis and sector studies;
- analysis of the regulatory framework;
- advisory services to financial institution clients;
- support for technical service providers; and
- knowledge management and dissemination of Program results.
The objective of this consultancy is to conduct an analysis of the current regulatory framework related to sustainable energy in Mexico in order to identify regulatory barriers that limit opportunities for the development and financing of sustainable energy projects in the country. Regulatory issues covered: financial, energy, environmental, tax and legal matters. The main focus is to help create a favorable environment for financing sustainable energy in Mexico.
The project is structured in the following activities:
- Investigation and analysis of the existing regulatory framework related to sustainable energy (e.g., data collection, analysis of relevant experiences, workshops with stakeholders, etc.);
- Identification of potential regulatory reforms to improve opportunities for sustainable energy;
- Presentation of proposed reforms to the relevant authorities through a series of workshops in the country.