Regional water supply for Norrbotten County
The County Administrative Board of Norrbotten wishes to ensure the county’s water supply.
Access to water is a prerequisite for the habitation of an area and for carrying out industrial activities.
The use of water sources by humans does however bring with it the risk of pollution and mismanagement. In order to secure long-term access to water resources for supplying the county’s needs, on the behalf of the County Administrative Board of Norrbotten ÅF’s hydrologists have developed the basis for a regional water supply plan.
- Compile information on all of the county’s water resources based on the water source archive and material gathered from the county’s municipalities
- Build a GIS database containing information on the county’s surface and groundwater resources
- Select and prioritise the county’s water resources on a four-point scale
- Highlight important water resources in Norrbotten County based on their natural conditions, geographic location, extractable water volumes, impact on climate change and other threats
- Produce comprehensible and informative maps
- Prepare recommendations for drafting municipal water supply plans