Karlsborg-Kalix collecting system
The treatment plant in Karlsborg near Kalix is in urgent need of renovation. One alternative is to coordinate the treatment plant function with Kalix.
In early strategic investigations, Vatten & Miljöbyran highlighted various alternatives to the renovation of the treatment plant at Karlsborg (2000 pe) near Kalix. These investigations formed the basis of a decision to transfer waste water to the treatment plant in Kalix, an alternative that is resource-efficient and results in more high-quality treatment of the waste water. Following this, Vatten & Miljöbyrån was entrusted with the task of continuing to work on system design and planning.
- Investigation of alternative solutions
- Regular inspection and capacity assessment of Kalix treatment plant
- Hydraulic investigation of Kalix treatment plant
- Investigation into penetration (additional water) and suggested action in the Karlsborg area
- Cost calculations
- System design for pipelines and pumping stations
- Planning of pumping stations
- Dimensioning of new water pipeline, Kalix-Karlsborg