Pro-active approaches to improving maintenance work.
Helping train manufacturers get to the bottom of maintenance problems and to improve performance and ensure safe operation, ÅF uses it expertise to provide assistance throughout the entire lifecycle of a rail vehicle.
Working with train manufacturers, owners and operaters to ensure efficiency, we use a method called RAMS, which stands for Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety.
Examples of expertise areas
- Requirements management, by limiting major sources of errors.
- Risk Analysis, by systematically identify hazards and assess different types of risks and mitigation plans for an organization.
- Reliability, by providing optimised and workable strategies to improve the efficiency.
- Availability, by possible analysis methods such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Logistics engineering, by adapting systems for optimal utilisation of support functions such as maintenance, spare parts, documentation and training for the system's technical service life with the goal of achieving the most cost-effective solution available.
- Functional and system safety, by minimizing the risk of a product or system to cause damage.
- + LCC, by evaluation of options for development, tendering, construction or maintenance of the train during its life.