Project planning, testing and design of a 175 MW hydroelectric project in Indonesia
Description of project:
The 175 MW Singkarak hydroelectric project uses the renewable energy potential of the Singkarak Lake catchment area in Indonesia. The project comprises the lake control structure; a concrete weir equipped with four gates; intake structure with intake gate and safety gate; 16.5 km long and 5.2 m diameter headrace tunnel; a surge shaft; a chamber with a safety butterfly valve and an inclined penstock. The powerhouse cavern contains 4 vertical Francis turbines with associated spherical valves.
- Revision of previous preliminary studies, planning and supervision of model tests, basic design and feasibility report, site investigations and studies, final detail design, preparation of technical specifications and bidding documents; bids evaluation and contracts negotiations;
- Revision and approval of drawings prepared by the contractors;
- Shop inspections; overall project management;
- Cost and time control;
- Contract and claims handling;
- Site supervision including commissioning.