Luleå, Upgrading facility for vehicle gas
Luleå Municipality is investing in a plant to upgrade biogas to vehicle gas.
Biogas is currently being produced from waste sludge and residual products from Norrmejerier at Luleå Municipality’s large Uddebo waste water treatment plant.
The gas is used for heating and electricity generation in a turbine, but in future it will increasingly be used as fuel for Luleå Lokaltrafik’s buses and Luleå Municipality’s fleet of cars.
The new upgrading plant will be located by the treatment plant out at Uddebo and is expected to be complete in 2014. The project also includes a filling station for vehicle gas, which is located at Luleå Lokaltrafik’s property in the centre of Luleå. ÅF has worked on the project from the preliminary investigation to procurement and planning.
- Investigation of alternative solutions, comparison
- Investigation into choice of technology and organisation
- Study visits
- Cost calculations, cash flow analysis
- Permit application and registration in accordance with the Swedish Environmental Code
- Application to Swedish Energy Agency
- Survey of contaminated land
- Application for building permit
- Tender documentation for procurement of contractors
- Planning management