Transmission Line Mettlen–Gösgen
Replacement of a 220/150-kV-line in Switzerland
Description of project:
Transport of electric power in Switzerland leads mostly across the Alps on transmission lines which belong to Atel.
The electric power network in Switzerland is being successively upgraded to 400 kV. ÅF has begun 1985 with the detailed design for the 400-kV-line Mettlen–Gösgen. This line replaces a 220/150-kV-line which has also been designed and constructed by ÅF in the fifties. It connects the NPP Gösgen with Mettlen, one of the most important switchyards in Switzerland and represents part of the backbone of north - south electric energy transportation across the Alps. Total length of the line: 43 km.
- Project Management
- Study of the line route alternatives
- Preliminary and detailed project design
- Detailed design and computation of steel towers and foundations
- Cost estimate
- Specification of materials
- Site management and site supervision