Rheinkraftwerk Säckingen, 110 kV cable connection
Replacement of an existing high voltage cable connection in Bad Säckingen/Germany
Description of project:
Replacement of the existing high voltage cable connection between the hydro power plant and the new 110 kV substation as part of the transmission voltage level increase from 50 kV to 110 kV by NOK, Nordostschweizerische Kraftwerke AG.
The new installation consists of a cable duct for two parallel 110 kV single-conductor XLPE cable systems and one fibre optic cable connection with a route length of approx. 2600 m. Civil works for 3 double-system cable joint bays and 2 cable pulling pits are planned.
Removal and controlled disposal of 3 systems 50 kV triple-conductor oil-filled cables, 1 system 16 kV triple-conductor oil-filled cables, and 1 control cable connection is necessary.
In total, 24 cable sections will be pulled, 18 joints, 6 transformer and 6 GIS terminations will be mounted.
- Project management, contracts, accounting
- Technical Specifications of materials for civil and electromechanical elements and equipment
- Right-of-way survey in consideration of several obstacles such as, cross country gas pipes, cantonal roads, several MV, LV, and telephone lines, water and waste-water pipes.
- Production of detailed drawings for the cable route, the cable duct, concrete joint bay and pulling pit.
- Calculation of cable ampacity, electromechanical stress, pulling force, and electromagnetic fields.
- Tendering process, bid evaluation and contract documents
- Site management and site supervision
- Cable laying, testing and commissioning supervision