132 kV-Line Massaboden–Granges reconstruction
Power supply of the Swiss Federal Railway (SBB)
The power supply of the Swiss Federal Railway (SBB) throughout Switzerland is mainly fed through its own hydropower plants. The energy is transmitted through transmission lines of which the voltage levels are now gradually being raised from 66 kV to 132 kV. Due to the construction of the National Highway N9 in Wallis, many of the transmission lines will have to be transferred, among others, several sectors of the 132-kV Lines SBB Massaboden–Vernayaz.
For the 132-kV-Lines, concrete poles of single tower types will be used. These are equipped with 4 Aldrey single conductors 550 mm2 and one earthwire Alumoweld-Aldrey 400 mm2 with coaxial core.
The main request of the client is to have the shortest possible power interruption during the reconstruction.
An additional key feature is the replacement of different MV and LV lines.
The time schedule of the different phases of the Transmission Lines reconstruction is mainly dependent on the construction schedule of the National Highway.
- Right-of-way survey in consideration of several obstacles such as, the border zone of the Rhone River, cross country gas pipes, railway installations, new and old cantonal roads with overpasses and bridges, several other transmission lines, MV and LV-lines, approaching lanes to airfields
- Studies of different alternatives due to Highway project changes
- Project Design and computation of steel towers, foundation and protection against diff. obstacles
- Cost estimate for each sector of the reconstruction phases
- Specification of materials
- Tendering process, bid evaluation and contract documents,
- Site management and Site supervision