Rangit II Hydro Power Project
Site consultancy services, tendering and detail design for a run-of-river scheme HPP in India
Description of project:
The Rangit II Hydro Power Project (66 MW) is located on the Rimbi River near Linchyum / Rimbi village, which is about 120 km from Gangtok, the state capital of Sikkim.
It is a run-of-river scheme which envisages diverting the flow, by use of a concrete gravity dam 40 m high, through a water conductor system to a surface powerhouse on the left bank of the Kalej Khola River. The project also comprises a single opening intake structure, a diversion tunnel, one underground desilting chamber, a horseshoe shaped headrace tunnel, a vertical surge shaft, one penstock which bifurcates into two, a surface powerhouse which accommodates two Pelton Wheel turbines each having a capacity of 33 MW; and a free flow tailrace channel.
- Review of detailed project report;
- Advisory services for topographical survey;
- Hydrology and geological studies;
- Preparation of tender specifications;
- Tender designs and drawings;
- Tender documents;
- Detail design and drawings for civil works.