Multimodal Transport Model
Multimodal transport model of the whole Slovak transport infrastructure in Slovakia.
ÅF in consortium will provide the four step multimodal transport model of the whole Slovak transport infrastructure including the flows of passengers and freight transport including the cross border and Central European relations by rail, road, river and air.
Description of project:
The whole model shall be developed on the PTV VISION software package. The model shall be the core analytic tool for the "Strategic Transport Infrastructure Development Plan of Slovak Republic to 2020", so the project is in the center of attention of Slovak Ministry. Ministry and all state owned agencies are cooperating to provide relevant data for development of model related to network, O-D zones parameters, locations of transport activities and other information important for Demand model.
Services by ÅF include:
- Development of basic infrastructural transport model of roads, railways, waterways, intermodal terminals and airlines;
- Transport surveys related to personal mobility, use of bus, rail and air transport including origin and destination;
- Transport survey related to all modes of freight transport;
- Development of Base Year Model;
- Basic prognostic data for the prognosis of every transport mode;
- Evaluation of 3 to 5 basic development scenarios for the years 2020, 2030 and 2050;
- Delivery and installation of software package for the effective analysis of transport model scenarios and horizons;
- Delivery of manuals for the Ministry staff;
- Complete report about the model, scenarios, abilities of software and results of different transport and economic strategies;
- Seminar for 12 future potential users of strategic model in the process of finalisation of "Strategic Transport Infrastructure Development Plan of Slovak Republic to 2020".