ÅF to support a pumped storage hydropower plant in Egypt
ÅF was appointed as Owner’s Engineer for Attaqa Mountain, a new pumped-storage hydropower plant in Egypt.
The consortium of ÅF and Artelia was awarded a contract by the Hydro Power Plants Executive Authority of the Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy in Egypt, providing Owner’s Engineer services for a new pumped storage power plant, Attaqa Mountain in Egypt. The duration of the project is 7 years.
The scope of works and related services to be provided include:
- Project management including project control of legal and finance of related technical aspects;
- Engineering review of EPC concept and detail design deliverables;
- Quality control, assurance services and supplier surveillance;
- Construction monitoring, supervision and management;
- Commissioning and start-up supervision.
The pumped storage power plant Attaqa Mountain has a capacity of 2,400 MW. It will support the Ministry’s plans to diversify the energy sources in the country and will also help meet growing electricity demand in the region. The Chinese EPC-Contractor Sinohydro will implement the Attaqa Mountain pumped storage power plant at a total cost of about USD 2.7 billion.
For ÅF, the Attaqa Mountain pumped storage power plant project is a significant assignment, which shows the strength of ÅF as a leading consulting and engineering services provider in the field of pump storage power plants.