Team Lead Vehicle Mechanical Integration
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
ÅF has more than 1 500 engineers working in the international automotive industry. We have extensive experience in executing on-site as well as outsourced assignments and is running 10 automotive customer satellites. Our customers are mainly in Sweden, Brazil, UK, and China where we also have subsidiaries and offices.
To one of our Automotive customers, we are looking for a “Team Lead Vehicle Mechanical Integration” who is responsible for:
- Mechanical Integration Team, within pre-designated vehicle area or zone, for all platforms and programs
- To follow up the cross functional mechanical integration, issue resolution and verification progress in the feasibility, concept and styling convergence processes
- The concept and system development/geometric integration across the development units product design (Body & Closures/ Exterior/ Interior/ Seating/Safety Systems/ Electrical/ etc) and manufacturing within their Vehicle Zone
- To secure that all relevant geometrical conflicts and issues at complete vehicle level are solved
- To manage relevant forums for each program.To report program status to Line and Program Management
- To secure that Zone deliveries follow program plans, the generic Vehicle Integration Plan and GPDS
- To perform key system and vehicle benchmarking on competitors
- To develop relevant methods and tools within the area of competence
- Producing reports in applicable forums and Gateways to highlight concept/packaging issues and progress100% feasible and integrated vehicle from a geometric perspective
- Hard point criteria, package/concept layouts and sections
- Compatibility and feasibility tracking documents
- Liaising and leading complete vehicle issue resolution with module / component engineering and suppliers
- Managing and planning Zone team workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met
Who are you?
The following attributes are required:
- Min 10yrs, preferably OEM experience, within vehicle integration/packaging/design studio support positions including team lead function.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Excellent knowledge of all stages and deliverables of the typical Vehicle Development Process.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of developing concepts and defining criteria/attributes at a complete vehicle level from initial framing through to serial release.
- Good broad knowledge of all vehicle components, systems and manufacturing processes
- Flexible, motivated, Creative, Pro-active and able to drive issues through to a balanced resolution.
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & ExcelGood knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis MockUp, and Team Centre at OEM level
- Fluent in Swedish and English, written and spoken
- BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Please submit your application already today, we handle the applications continuously.
Johan Hällsås, +46721746782