Commercial Manager – International Electrical Power Development
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
Located at our office in Malmö, Gothenburg or Stockholm, the Commercial Manager is responsible for market development, proposal development, sale of work and delivery of jobs to clients in accordance with commitments negotiated. Working in a matrix organization, the commercial manager will be required to:
- Network both internally and externally to develop leads generally outside of Scandinavia and convert these leads to sales.
- Work individually to develop the department but also in conjunction with our International business units and engineering teams.
- Identify trends and needs in market segment.
- Develop tenders, creates proposals and deals directly with customers to win business and ensure that project delivery is successful.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key clients and business partners.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify and create new service offerings.
- Interfaces with multiple clients to identify potential needs
- Develop workable client solutions and integrate solutions into proposals.
- Confer with others to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing services
- Stimulate and develop internal knowledge and interest in new innovations and emerging advanced engineering technologies in the market sector; educate technical and non-technical staff in their uses.
- Provide technical leadership in identifying and devising innovative solutions in engineering services
Who are you?
- Degree in engineering, preferably Masters or PhD.
- Many years of related experience, including responsibility for engineering solutions from design to application in transmission and distribution.
- Experience seeking new business opportunities and convert them into well-defined proposals.
- Professional Project Management experience – Extra merit for IPMA / PMI certification or similar.
- Solid knowledge of industry-standard legal and business language, including familiarity with contracts, NDAs, IP, payment terms, proposals, pricing, margins, etc.
- Experience with Power Africa, Horizon 2020, EuropeAID or similar programmes.
- Experience of Transmission or Distribution projects, micro-grids, storage and renewable energy integration.
- Professional Formal English. Extra merit for fluency in French, Spanish or German.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Neil Hancock, Market Area Manager IFI