Supplier Quality Engineer
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
We are searching for Supplier Quality Engineer to be located mainly in the Czech Republic and cooperate with our Client - premium OEM.
The role of Supplier Quality Engineer is very wide and you have contact with many functions both inside and outside the company. In this role you are responsible for part qualification and supplier quality investigations for mechanical details. The work is carried out in all phases of the product in cooperation with the development department as well as the purchasing and quality organization.
Your working days will include activities such as:
- Initiate and drive quality improvements at suppliers.
- Drive party qualification for new or changed details / processes.
- Distribute and follow up quality statistics.
- Perform supplier audits.
- Create material declarations in IMDS.
- Drive process / method enhancements.
- Participate in supplier selection.
Scheduled trips to suppliers occur mainly in Europe and sometimes even to China.
Who are you?
- Bachelor of Science with a few years of work experience in the field.
- Good knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO14001. The experience of ISO / TS is meritorious.
- Knowledge in production processes for “mechanical details.”
- Knowledge of problem solving methods for quality defects as per the view of finding root causes and countermeasures.
- Knowledge of quality methods such as PPAP, APQP or the like.
- Requires process FMEA as well as control plans.
- Very good knowledge of English in speech and writing. Additional language skills are meritorious.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
To succeed in the role, it is important that you have the ability to independently drive activities against set goals. You are communicative with a prestigious attitude where the focus is on achieving results. Important is the ability to build long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers, to be persistent and continuously to improve supplier performance.
ÅF offers a varied role in a global group and this provides great opportunities for professional development for the right person. To thrive, you should like to work in a dynamic culture that has constant improvement as a leader. The service is a permanent employment with ÅF.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.