Data Steward/Data Engineer
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
Data Steward/Data Engineer in our team within Embedded systems in Solna. We have customers in many different industries, ranging from automotive to medicine. Geographically, this means that you can get to work both in-house at our headquarters in Solna or at the customers. ÅF has a strong position in the market and our customers expect first class performance. That's where you come in!
As a data Steward you are innovative in terms of providing data-driven solutions and prepare infrastructures for data analytics in a dynamic and agile environment. You will design, build and integrate data from various sources and perform data quality/integrity analysis. Also you will run maintenance processes and resolve problems appropriately in order to build and run large scale, efficient and reliable data pipelines. The work goes hand-in-hand with data scientists and other groups on an ongoing basis.
Who are you?
- Master degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- In-depth knowledge of database concepts. Extensively worked with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) particularly used T-SQL to implement data models.
- Good Programming skills across a number of languages C#, Java, Python.
- Good understanding of Cloud platforms, particularly experienced working with Azure and AWS.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are important (main language English, Swedish is a plus).
We take your personal qualities in great consideration. As a consultant you should master both working independently and as a team member.
Bonus Skills that can be highly appreciated:
- Data modeling and data architectures optimized for Big Data.
- Knowledge on distributed storage and network resources.
- Experience with MapReduce, HDFS, Hive or Cassandra.
- Experience with Python and Bash Scripting.
- Experience in Analytical tools.
Interested? Submit your application today! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be seated before the expiration date.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Håkan Roos +46 105057793 (Technical questions)
Lisa Nerell +46 10-505 1593 (Other questions)Apply here