Automotive Project and Design engineers for Chassis development
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
ÅF has more than 1 500 engineers working in the international automotive industry. We have extensive experience in executing on-site as well as outsourced assignments and is running 10 automotive customer satellites. Our customers are mainly in Sweden, Brazil, UK, and China where we also have subsidiaries and offices.
Our Automotive team is looking for additional colleagues to support a new in-house automotive project. You will be part of the automotive Chassis team within ÅF that consists of a range of automotive and project experts.We are seeking a number of committed and competent employees with at least 5 years’ experience in vehicle development or major industrial projects with equivalent work experience.
Either you are a Design Engineer or a Project Engineer to your profile. Areas of responsibility/roles where we are looking for new employees to reinforce our current Chassis team with this application:
- Suspension - Subframe, control arms, links, shock absorbers, springs, bushings.
- Brakes - Foundation and actuation, controls, pipes, parking brake, pedal box
- Wheels & tires -Rims, tires, jack, repair kit
- Steering - Steering column, steering gear, steering control
- Powertrain mounts - Bushings, driveshaft
- Accountability for achieving project objectives in each area.
- Rapid development of subsystems with supplier base mostly in China.
- Strategic work, combined with demands and sense of urgency in a changing environment.
- Ability to work x-functional with a holistic view.
- Develop and stimulate your team members to achieve excellent performance.
- As we have assignments for both Swedish and international clients daily and weekly commuting may occur.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who has:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience within development in Automotive Business.
- Possibility to work with Chinese customers.
- English and Swedish, both written and spoken.
- Preferably experience from Chassis development.
- You should have a driver license.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Be a team player with ability to understand a team and relations.
- Have ability to plan and prioritize.
- Have business and technical skills.
- Have a highly structured working approach.
- Be able to “navigate” in complex organizational/political structures within different cultures.
- Take responsibility for decisions and deliveries.
- Be a humble, patient and results-oriented winner.
- Have Passion for driving/participating in project work.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? We can offer an innovative, dynamic, experienced multi-project environment. You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies in the area of project and product development. A great opportunity to explore and learn more about engineering and team work as well as get to know people and other cultures.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Jan Tammpere, Section Manager Chassis & Project Management