ÅF to split Energy Division
|For further information:|
|Jonas Wiström, President/CEO||+46 70-608 12 20|
|Eero Auranne, President, International North Division||+358 40 3485120|
|Roberto Gerosa, President, International South Division||+41 79 445 71 90|
|Viktor Svensson, Executive Vice President, Corporate Information||+46 70-657 20 26|
With effect from 1 April 2012 ÅF is implementing an organisational change in respect of the Group's operations outside Scandinavia (i.e. those in countries other than Sweden, Norway and Denmark). The main purpose of this restructuring exercise is to improve profitability and accelerate the Group's international growth.
The main components of the change are as follows:
- The Energy Division Energy will be split into two new divisions: International North and International South. In contrast to the current situation, these two divisions will be responsible for the full spectrum of ÅF's consulting services within their respective geographical areas.
- International North will consist of the ÅF Group's consulting resources in Finland, Russia, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Estonia. The number of employees in this new geographical region will total approximately 750.
- International South will consist of ÅF Switzerland and Spain with subsidiaries in India, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Nigeria, Italy, Brazil and the UK. The number of employees in this new geographical region will total approximately 350.
- Eero Auranne (formerly President of the Energy Division) will head the work of International North.
- Roberto Gerosa (formerly VP Business Development) will head the work of International South. Roberto Gerosa joined ÅF in 2006 following the acquisition of the Swiss technical consulting company, Colenco, where he was Managing Director.
As a result of the change, ÅF will comprise five divisions: Industry, Infrastructure, International North, International South and Technology.
The Industry, Infrastructure and Technology Divisions will henceforward report their results from Scandinavia and be represented in a strategic role on the board for ÅF operations in the rest of the world.
The ÅF Group is a leader in technical consulting, with expertise founded on more than a century of experience. We offer highly qualified services and solutions for industrial processes, infrastructure projects and the development of products and IT systems. Today the ÅF Group has approximately 4,700 employees.
Our base is in Europe, but our business and our clients are found all over the world.