Transmission Lines Robbia–La Punt / Robbia–Italian Border
Replacement of the existing 220-kV-connection between La Punt and Robbia, and Robbia and Campocologno by a double circuit 420-kV-line with an additional 245-kV-circuit in Switzerland
Description of project:
Kraftwerke Brusio AG are proprietors of Hydro Power Plants in the Valley Poschiavo in the southern parts of Switzerland as well as of 220-kV- and 150-kV-lines between Sils Switchyard and Campocologno on the Italian border.
The existing 220-kV-connection between La Punt and Robbia, and Robbia and Campocologno shall be replaced by a double circuit 420-kV-line with an additional 245-kV-circuit. For a certain distance an additional 60-kV-circuit shall be erected. All existing lines shall be removed.
The line leads from La Punt via Pontresina and the Bernina-Pass (2200 m a.s.l) to Robbia. From Robbia to Campocologno the line leads through the Valley Poschiavo. Total length 46 km.
Conductors will be twin bundles 600 mm2 Aldrey. An earthwire with integrated fibre-optic cable will be installed, which is new in an area where an additional iceload of 8.5 kg/m has to be reckoned with. ÅF had a decisive role in the development process for this earthwire.
- Project Management
- Study of line routes with special attention to the extremely rough terrain of the Swiss Alps
- Study of several line route alternatives
- Preparation of the environmental report
- Preliminary and detailed project design
- Detailed design and computation of steel towers, foundations and protection against avalanches
- Cost estimate
- Specification of materials
- Leading participation in the development process for the earthwire with integrated fibre-optic cable
- Tendering, tender evaluation, contract documents
- Site management and site supervision