Klaipeda Waste-to-Energy CHP Plant
Engineering and construction management services for waste-to-energy cogeneration plant in Lithuania.
Construction of a new Waste-to-Energy plant, with a capacity of 272,000 t/a, in Lithuania. The CHP plant consists of a grate boiler (85 MWf), semi-dry flue gas system with flue gas condensing scrubber; turbine; BOP and civil works.
The Klaipeda plant was the first Waste-to-Energy plant in the Baltics.
EPCM Services by ÅF:
- Feasibility study (grate and fluidized bed were evaluated)
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental licensing
- Pre-engineering incl. tender evaluation and preparation of contracts for main equipment
- Plant design and engineering
- Purchasing of equipment, delivery supervision
- Project management
- Site construction management
- Commissioning management.