Årsunda Water Treatment Plant
The Årsunda Water Treatment Plant was in need of refurbishment and improvement.
Årsunda Water Treatment Plant is an aging facility in need of refurbishment and improvement.
On behalf of Sandviken Energi Vatten AB we were tasked with identifying a process that would be both resource-efficient, environmentally-friendly and conducive to a good work environment, as well as being able to handle increased alkalinity, pH and water hardness and reduce pesticide residue.
The water treatment plant was also to be supplemented with a reserve water supply for Sandviken.
- Increase water supply
- Procurement of well-boring contractor, drilling inspector
- Proposals for supplemental water treatment and pipe laying
- Pilot trials of water treatment
- Design of transmission lines to Sandviken
- Project design for the renovation/extension of the waterworks, slow filters with lime and carbon, and reservoirs
- Procurement of contractors
- Construction management and functional responsibility