Sound is one of the major environmental aspects of the establishment of new wind turbines. Sound is also an issue that often raises discussions and feelings among local residents, and is used as an argument against the projects environmental permit.
At ÅF we have worked with sound from wind turbines for over 20 years, from the first prototypes in the 80's to today's wind farms on land and at sea. As the leading consultant in the sound and vibrations have we have unique knowledge in the field. We work as advisors the leading manufacturers, energy companies and authorities.
Examples of services offered:
- Accredited noise immission measurement according to the environmental permit of the plant.
- Simpler sound emission measurements for the determination of sound power level.
- Accredited sound emission measurements for checking compliance with the noise warranty.
- Sound immission prediction. We normally use Nord2000.
- Long-term measurements of ambient sounds before the construction of wind turbines.
- Counseling for the procurement and acceptance testing of wind turbines.
- Participation in consultation according to the Environmental Code and information meetings.
- Participation in environmental permit and environmental court negotiations.
- Counseling in response to questions about the project and responses to letters from complaining neighbours.
- Education and training on sound from wind turbines.
- Survey of noise disturbance.