Since 1997, we have been working in Vietnam and operating a Representative Office in Hanoi that supports the company’s full range of services in the country, within its core competency areas of energy, social infrastructure and environmental technology. The company anticipates a long-term commitment to the development challenges of Vietnam.
We strive to maintain and improve the quality of life for the population to whom the specific project intervention shall reach, and places additional emphasis on ensuring sustainability and environmental soundness of all project interventions.
The Representative Office serves as a logistic and administration base for project implementation, short-term consultants, liaising with funding agencies, government and international institutions. It also serves as a centre for permanent engineering activities in Vietnam and has carried out over 30 major projects undertaking hydro and thermal power projects in the energy sector and in the water and environmental sector.
Project implementation in Vietnam has resulted in a solid base of expertise across a broad range of disciplines within ÅF. These include: coordination and project management, planning, design and tendering, construction supervision and the development of infrastructure for power plants, and water and sanitation systems.
In the urban development sector we often work in integrated projects that require re-structuring of institutional arrangements in order to assure long-term sustainability. Our consulting services in the Environmental sector include:
- Appraisal and design of primary, secondary and tertiary infrastructure
- Project Management and Coordination of infrastructure development projects
- Appraisal and preparation of environmental impact assessment (EIA) for infrastructure development projects
- Client support in the field of Social Safeguards for infrastructure projects which require land compensation for site clearance
- Institutional strengthening for local authorities and public utilities
- Client support in preparing tender documents, tender processes and contract negotiation
- Supervision of construction and installation works
- Client support in field of sustainable O&M through establishment of contract out procedure and assets management through management information system
- Community participation development
And in the power sector, we provide the following services:
- Comprehensive site investigations, concept development
- Environmental compatibility studies, energy studies
- Licensing applications, project planning, feasibility studies
- Project evaluation
- Tender design and tender documents
- Construction design and supervision
- Project management