ÅF offers a variety of measurements in the field of sound an vibration. ÅF-Ingemansson AB´s accreditation to SS-EN ISO/IEC 17025 as a testing laboratory does not only imply in-door laboratory measurements.
The accreditation, given by SWEDAC to ÅF-Ingemansson AB, also includes a large number of methods applicable in situ, which necessarily have to be used on large objects such as industrial plants, earth moving machinery, road traffic and railways, wind power generators or building sites.
Major services are:
Laboratory measurements for the determination of
- Sound absorption of porous materials and panels
- Airborne sound insulation of panels and partitions (labmätbild)
- Impact sound insulation of floors and carpets
- Noise emission of machines, household and office equipment
- Vibrations of hand-held or transportable machines and tools
- Noise and vibration data necessary for CE-declaration of machines Field measurements concerning
- Airborne and impact sound insulation in buildings
- Construction noise on building sites
- Noise from road traffic and railways (fältmätbild)
- Community noise immission from industrial plants or wind turbines
- Noise emission from machinery, vehicles or HVAC equipment
- Machinery vibration
- The complete list of approved measurement methods is shown when clicking the word "methods".
- Laboratory facilities including reverberant and semianechoic rooms as well as rooms for the measurement of airborne and impact soundtransmission loss
- Cooperation with Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg and the Royal University of Technology in Stockholm
- Equipment for the measurement of vibration on hand-held and transportable tools
- Test rig for the measurement of dynamic properties of resilient materials, springs and dampers
- Chassis dynamometer for the in-operation dynamic testing of cars
- Hydraulic and electrodynamic actuators for forces up to 10 kN
- Apparatus for the measurement of sound absorption, dynamic flow resistance, Young´s modulus and loss factors
- Extensive instrumentation including multichannel analyzers, signal conditioning, microphones, accelerometers, exciters and amplifiers as well as advanced software for modal analysis, order tracking, real time animation, running mode analysis, transfer path analysis, model updating and correlation.