ÅF's subsidiary in Finland as part of the AF Group is an accredited certification organ in the emission trade verification. During the accreditation process the neutrality, independency, technical readiness, resources and organization of AF-Consult have been examined. AF-Consult and the accepted verifiers have bound themselves to follow the demands and objectives imposed for the verification process.
AF-Consult is aware of the importance and meaning of independency in the verification activities and takes notice of the insurance of independence. The personal of AF-Consult have bound to act independently.
ÅF understands the issues at stake
We have worked with these issues for a long time, providing expert assistance to government ministries and official bodies. We have also:
- studied the impact of the ETS on various sectors of industry and, in some cases, individual companies
- developed and led training and education sessions specially tailored to the needs of our clients to give them a better insight into the ETS
- helped clients to interpret the directives and guidelines and the implications these have for them, both in Sweden and abroad
- worked with the Kyoto Protocol and its complimentary mechanisms
- responded to requests from client companies involved in the ETS by developing a basis for calculating emissions of carbon dioxide and routines for monitoring these emissions
- cooperated on international climate projects