Environmental (and Socio-economic) Impact Assessment (abbreviated EIA or ESIA) is a fundamental and often required part of project permitting, planning and implementation in major infrastructure and development projects, all over the world. EIA is a necessary tool when defining the environmental impact of an activity, a process or a production plant. EIA process also guarantees a sufficient interaction between different stakeholders
Environmental permits are necessary before the operation can be started. A good and well prepared permit application based on legislation and authority demands secures a fluent licensing process.
ÅF has extensive experience from working with EIA and permitting in both large and small projects, and can help you ensure the most effective process, in terms of outcome, time and costs.
Our services include:
- Project Management
- Coordination and contact to authorities and stakeholders
- Definition of potential impacts
- Assessment of impacts on the environment during construction and operation in all environmental areas such as noise and vibration, air, water, soil, fauna and flora, landscape
- Ecological optimization of the project
- Definition of mitigation measures
- Flue gas dispersion modeling
- Environmental monitoring programs