Transmission Lines Robbia–La Punt / Robbia–Italian Border
Replacement of the existing 220 kV connection between La Punt and Robbia, and Robbia and Campocologno by a double circuit 420 kV line with an additional 245 kV circuit in Switzerland
Description of project:
Kraftwerke Brusio AG are proprietors of hydro power plants in the Poschiavo Valley in southern Switzerland as well as 220 kV and 150 kV lines between Sils Switchyard and Campocologno at the Italian border.
The existing 220 kV connection between La Punt and Robbia, and Robbia and Campocologno shall be replaced by a double circuit 420 kV line with an additional 245 kV circuit. For a certain distance, an additional 60 kV circuit shall be erected. All existing lines shall be removed.
The line leads from La Punt via Pontresina and the Bernina Pass (2200 m a.s.l) to Robbia. From Robbia to Campocologno the line leads through the Poschiavo Valley having a total length of 46 km.
Conductors will be twin bundles 600 mm2 Aldrey. An earthwire with integrated fibre-optic cable will be installed, which is new in an area where an additional iceload of 8.5 kg/m has to be reckoned with. ÅF had a decisive role in the development process for this earthwire.
- Project management
- Study of line routes with special attention to the extremely rough terrain of the Swiss Alps
- Study of several line route alternatives
- Preparation of the environmental report
- Preliminary and detailed project design
- Detailed design and computation of steel towers, foundations and protection against avalanches
- Cost estimate
- Specification of materials
- Leading participation in the development process for the earthwire with integrated fibre-optic cable
- Tendering, tender evaluation, contract documents
- Site management and site supervision