Transmission Line Mettlen–Gösgen
Replacement of a 220/150 kV line in Switzerland
Description of project:
Transport of electric power in Switzerland leads in a large part across the Alps on transmission lines belonging to Atel.
The electric grid in Switzerland is being successively upgraded to 400 kV. ÅF began in 1985 with the detailed design for the 400 kV Mettlen–Gösgen line. This line replaces a 220/150 kV line which was also designed and constructed by ÅF in the fifties. It connects the NPP Gösgen with Mettlen, one of the most important switchyards in Switzerland and represents part of the backbone of north-south electric energy transportation across the Alps. Total length of the line is 43 km.
- Project management
- Study of the line route alternatives
- Preliminary and detailed project design
- Detailed design and computation of steel towers and foundations
- Cost estimate
- Specification of materials
- Site management and site supervision