Total Cost Management for NPPs
ÅF provides a tool and understanding to optimally estimate the costs for international nuclear projects at a Class 3 level.
ÅF enables Vendors and Utilities (and its subsidiaries/partners) to gain a tool and understanding within their organisation to optimally estimate the costs for international nuclear projects at a Safety Class 3 level. This will also enable the Vendor/Owner to prepare a cost estimate which meets requirements of potential investors.
ÅF provides services on development of methodology and detailed procedures, which are in compliance to Class 3 requirements in accordance with the AACE International, and methodology guidance on NPP construction cost estimate of two (2) facilities (Pilot Facilities).
These two pilot facilities are for Akkuyu NPP under construction in the Republic of Turkey, using regional books of current prices and in accordance with normative and legal base of the Republic of Turkey where it relates to norms and prices, levied taxes and fees, with engagement of international expert organizations and/or individual experts-practitioners of cost engineering and total cost management of complex engineering facilities, and technical experts in NPP facilities construction.
ÅF services to support specialists of the Client in performing the estimate, configuring TCM NC Information System:
- Phase 1: Analysis of Initial Data and Development of the Project Work Plan
- Phase 2. Development the Methodology of Class 3 Estimation and the set of detailed procedures in the 1st version, trainings by AACE international experts in field of project cost estimation
- Phase 3. Estimation of the pilot objects and the methodological documentation clarification
- Phase 4. Initial Data verification, development of recommendations on optimization of decisions incorporated into the Design Documents and Construction Management Plan based on the experience of international experts
- Phase 5. Analysis of norms, rules, and specifics of construction in the Republic of Turkey applicable to the Akkuyu general cost estimate process
- Phase 7. Support of Project institutes in the evaluation of the developed methodology in the format of regular workshops
- Phase 8. Analysis of risks and escalation to form the cost estimation.