Radioactive Waste Management
The management of radioactive waste is a complex and demanding challenge and ÅF has expertise and years of experience in this field.
An important part of nuclear power production includes the short and long-term management of radioactive waste and spent fuel, and ÅF has many years of experience with the management of operational waste, waste from decommissioning and spent fuel.
- Radioactive Waste – Treatment of Waste, Storage and Repository Concepts
- Waste Characterization, Volume Definition, Volume Reduction and Separation Procedures, Logistics, Waste Packages Types
- Definition of Features, Events and Processes and Scenario Development for Geological Radioactive Waste Repositories
- Radiological Safety Analysis for Near-Field Release, Geosphere Transport and Dose Calculation
- Surveys on Scientific, Socio-economic and legal issues of radioactive waste disposal
- Studies on Chemo-toxic Waste Compatibility
- Safety Analyses for Deep Geological Repositories in Clay, Salt and Granite Formations
- Numerical Modelling of the Release and Transport of Radionuclides and Chemical Contaminants
- Computation of the Potential Radiological Consequences for Man and the Environment.
- Design of nuclear facilities for waste treatment, interim storage and final repository