Chassis manufacturing and design challenges
With capacity to develop the complete chassis system, ÅF is experienced in developing and integrating systems.
Noise and vibration are critically important to getting the concept and basic vehicle design dynamic right, and ÅF has deep knowledge and experience in developing and integrating vehicle chassis systems.
With cooperation between design and simulation we can create a chassis system for you that will stand up to performance demands while remaining cost-effective.
Integrating active systems for safety and performance enhancement is another challenge that you will face and ÅF has engineers who participated in the very first active safety system for serial production in the world.
Examples of expertis areas
- Wheel suspensions, including structure
- Steering systems, hydraulically as well as electrically assisted
- Tyres and wheels
- Powertrain mounts
- AWD and drive line systems
- Foundation brakes, ABS and ESC
- Vehicle controls
Examples of experience areas
- Concept proposals, analysis and evaluation
- Supplier collaboration
- Design, calculation and integration of subsystems
- Active safety
- Prototype manufacturing
Laboratory testing and analysis of foundation brakes
- Vibration and NVH analysis of wheel brakes
- Wear and lifetime evaluation of wheel brakes
- Wheel brake performance analysis
- Brake pad characteristics measurements
ÅF has unique competence in complete vehicle integration, including packaging, load calculations and subsystem performance.