Securing a sustainable and environmentally friendly energy supply by reducing dependency on fossil fuels is one of the most important challenges for the 21st century. Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) technology has made a major technological leap in the past ten years and will help us more and more to meet this challenge.
CSP systems use various mirror configurations and tracking systems to focus a large area of sunlight into a narrow beam. The heat from this concentrated beam is used to create steam in conventional power plant systems for electric power production. The most developed concentrating technologies are the parabolic trough, concentrating linear fresnel reflector and the solar tower system. Technological improvements through research and innovation, coupled with mass production, are making Concentrated Solar Power systems an increasingly competitive source of energy in the face of rising costs of conventional energy sources.
The solar power energy sector of ÅF, together with partners, has acquired comprehensive know-how and understanding of all required, technical, environmental and commercial aspects of this technology.
Our areas of activities cover:
- CSP solar power plants with/without storage and small/high fossil fueled supplemental firing
- Fossil fueled steam power plant with integration of solar power
- Combined Cycle power plants with integration of solar power (ISCC)
- GT power and efficiency increase by solar cooling
We provide a wide range of services in the field of solar power engineering, from project identification to tendering, owners engineering and supervision of guarantee works.
- Project management
- Project identification and development support
- Expertise, due diligence and project appraisal
- Technical, environmental, financial and economical feasibility studies
- Conceptual studies, technical and commercial concept optimization
- Tendering, Tender documents, tender evaluation
- Contract documents for all kinds of contracts, e. g. EPC Contracts
- Supervision services during the implementation phase (Owners Engineer), such as quality management, site management, expediting and staff training
- Performance testing, commissioning, spare parts handling
- Operation and maintenance concepts, optimisation of O&M procedures
- Assistance in settling disputes and supervision of guarantee work